Abatement Project Management & Oversight | O&M Programs | Air Testing and Field Services
Champion Environmental Consulting, Inc. (Champion Environmental) is licensed to provide asbestos inspections, abatement project management, project design, and air monitoring. Champion Environmental works with clients in both the public and private sector. Our field staff consists of highly trained, experienced, technical personnel, certified to meet regulatory and industry standards. Champion Environmental assists clients from the start of each project to final project close-out, emphasizing cost-effective, efficient, and practical solutions to asbestos management.
We provide the following services for the identification and management of asbestos-containing materials (ACM) in buildings and other structures:
- Asbestos Surveys, Inspections and Assessments
(Pre-renovation / pre-demolition – or for building permit purposes)
- Asbestos Awareness Instruction
- Abatement Plans and Specifications Development
- Abatement Project Management and Oversight (On-site compliance air monitoring)
- Preparation of Operation and Maintenance Programs
- Air Testing and Field Services
Champion Environmental can assist clients in interpreting and complying with the complex and changing regulations surrounding environmental issues. If Asbestos has been identified in your facility we will work closely with you to develop a management plan or remediation plan and assist you in coordinating the abatement with a licensed abatement contractor.
Need to know more about our asbestos services? Contact us to discuss your questions.
AHERA-certified inspectors conduct asbestos surveys and inspections to identify ACM prior to renovation, repair, general routine maintenance, or demolition activities. A typical asbestos survey report includes:
- Inventory of findings (based on laboratory results)
- Quantity, location and condition of identified ACM
- Recommendations for control or abatement
- Budget estimates
Should a survey identify asbestos or indicate a need to remove ACM, Champion Environmental can provide a site-specific tenant awareness presentation (as required by 29CFR1926.1101) to answer questions and alleviate concerns of building tenants.
Should removal be indicated, Champion Environmental will design the entire project, from contractor bid solicitation through reoccupation of the building. Specification development involves the following:
- Bonding and insurance requirements
- Pre-qualification of abatement contractors
- Methods required for compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Methods required to meet client’s unique needs and schedules
- Coordinate pre-bid job walk and conference
- Summary, evaluation and recommendations based on contractor proposals, qualifications, and reputation
The experienced Champion Environmental supervision team personally manages each abatement project, and documents the stages of each project phase required for a safe and successful asbestos abatement project. Our EPA-certified project manager handles on-site design and schedules to meet the client’s needs. We ensure compliance to plans and specifications and documents the removal of ACM and asbestos-contaminated material according to regulations established by federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
Abatement (removal) is not always the only option for the building owner in addressing the presence of ACM. Champion Environmental’s AHERA-certified management planners can develop a management program, specific to each client’s particular circumstances, for maintaining and controlling ACM. A standard O&M program consists of:
- Training of facilities/maintenance personnel
- Review and selection of potential control methods
- Development of a procedures and methods manual
- Forms for documentation of activities required to reduce liability
- Schedules for air monitoring and periodic inspections
On-site asbestos services must be coupled with mobility and responsiveness, to be effective. Champion Environmental is provides trained and motivated personnel to perform the following field services:
- Compliance air sampling before, during and after asbestos abatement
- Documentation of compliance with project specifications and regulatory requirements
- On-site air sample analysis and laboratory services (NIOSH Method 7400)
- Monitoring of pressure differential systems
- Air sampling in connection with risk assessment and O&M programs
- Appropriate number of high-volume and low-volume air sampling pumps to meet project requirements
- Laboratory-grade phase-contrast microscopes
Champion Environmental provides on-site air sample collection and analysis prior to, during, and upon completion of projects per requirements of Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), EPA and state regulations. Our trained technicians collect and analyze air samples utilizing state-of-the-art air monitoring equipment:
Our air monitoring methodology during abatement projects is to collect a sufficient number of well-placed air samples to document the abatement process from beginning to end. This process delivers reliable and quantifiable data to verify and document the successful abatement of asbestos materials. Our air monitoring services may include collection of samples for regulatory compliance monitoring or as specified by the detailed project requirements.